How To Tell When to Fertilize
Fiery yellow and red chrysanthemums benefit from balanced and complete nutrition. No weak or spindly growth here!
Just like us, plants need nutrients. Give them good nutrition – fertilizer (plant food) and supplemental Spray-N-Grow (plant vitamins) – and they’ll grow and thrive.
It’s estimated that less than 50% of gardeners provide their plants with sufficient nutrition. Are you part of this group? (Please say no!)
Your plants provide hints when they need better nutrition:
- Green leaves begin to look yellow
- Lawns may become spotty or lighter in color
- Blooming and new growth slows or comes to a halt
- Plants begin to look spindly and weak
Getting this right is actually pretty darn easy. The Perfect Blend is a nutritional recipe formulated by Spray-N-Grow Founder, Bill Muskopf, a mix of plant food – Bill’s Perfect Fertilizer, plant vitamins- Spray-N-Grow Micronutrients and a wetting agent – Coco-Wet. Together, these products provide your plants with all the nutrients that they need to grow and thrive.
Simply spray the leaves of all your plants with The Perfect Blend every 7-30 days. You can start when seedlings are 5 or 6 inches tall and continue through the growing season. Pretty easy, right?
Here are a pair of favorite tips:
- The best time to nourish your plants is before 9:00am or in the evening after 5:00pm. The very best results occur if you spray your plants when your soil is moist and the foliage is dry.
- For indoor plants, we suggest watering with The Perfect Blend once a month. We like to take plants outdoors to spray so floors stay dry. Then bringing the plants back inside after an hour out in the fresh air. By then, they’re drip-free and ready for indoor sites.